- Butter, for coating the pan
- 12 ounces fresh sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted (about 2 cups)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for dustin
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat a medium oven-safe frying pan (about 10 inches in diameter) generously with butter and arrange the cherries in a single layer; set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, extracts, and salt in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Add the flour and whisk until just combined (small pockets of flour are OK). Pour over the cherries in the prepared pan. Bake until set, puffed, and light golden brown around the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes (the clafoutis will deflate). Cut into wedges, dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.