Ingredients: 1 purple cabbage – gorgonzola (or another blue cheese . roquefort etc) – walnuts – pesto – olive oil
Ingredients for the salad: Baby spinach , pistachio , pecans, dried cranberries
Ingredients for dressing sauce: 1 cup raspberries – 1 tbs honey – 1/3 cup olive oil – 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Salad: Wash baby spinach under cool water. Place in salad bowl and add the rest of ingredients: purple carrots julienne or slices , pistachio , pecans & dried cranberries.
Dressing: Mash berries until liquefield. Put all ingredients (berries- honey -oil-balsamic vinegar) into a jar and shake well until dressing is creamy. Season to taste with salt before serving and enjoy this healthy gift from nature!
Baby spinach is high in
- vitamin A (necessary for healthy vision, immune function, skin and bone health)
- vitamin K ( important for proper blood clotting)
- folate ( important for woman of childbearing age, because it helps to prevent neural tube defects in developing babies)
- Rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Vitamin C
- contain higher amounts of phenolics (especially anthocyanins) and show higher antioxidant capacity than their orange and yellow counterparts . Anthocyanins may provide the following health benefits:
- Anti-Carcinogenic Effects Against Colon Cancer Cells
- Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Eye Health Protecting Qualities
- Improved Vascular Health