Ingredients: 1 purple cabbage – gorgonzola (or another blue cheese . roquefort etc) – walnuts – pesto – olive oil
Beetroot & purple carrots velvety soup with goat cheese
Ingredients for 6 serves:
- 3 beetroot chopped into small pieces
- 3 purple carrots
- 1 medium onion
- olive oil
- 1 lt chicken or beef stock
- fresh goat cheese
- salt & pepper
Method: Peel and chop onion, carrots and beetroots.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium – high heat. Add the onion & carrots , cook for 5′ or until onion is tender.
Add the beetroots and cook for 10′.
Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil partially covered for about 1 hour or until beetroot is tender. Season with salt and pepper
Trasfer the vegetables to a blender and process until smooth
Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with goat cheese or feta . Sprinkle with chopped herbs (parsley , chives)
Purple foods are good for your heart , liver , kidneys , stomach , and immune system.
Ingredients for the salad: Baby spinach , pistachio , pecans, dried cranberries
Ingredients for dressing sauce: 1 cup raspberries – 1 tbs honey – 1/3 cup olive oil – 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Salad: Wash baby spinach under cool water. Place in salad bowl and add the rest of ingredients: purple carrots julienne or slices , pistachio , pecans & dried cranberries.
Dressing: Mash berries until liquefield. Put all ingredients (berries- honey -oil-balsamic vinegar) into a jar and shake well until dressing is creamy. Season to taste with salt before serving and enjoy this healthy gift from nature!
Baby spinach is high in
- vitamin A (necessary for healthy vision, immune function, skin and bone health)
- vitamin K ( important for proper blood clotting)
- folate ( important for woman of childbearing age, because it helps to prevent neural tube defects in developing babies)
- Rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Vitamin C
- contain higher amounts of phenolics (especially anthocyanins) and show higher antioxidant capacity than their orange and yellow counterparts . Anthocyanins may provide the following health benefits:
- Anti-Carcinogenic Effects Against Colon Cancer Cells
- Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Eye Health Protecting Qualities
- Improved Vascular Health