Herb laminated fresh pasta / Λαμιναρισμενα διφυλλα ζυμαρικα με βοτανα/ Pasta fresca laminata con erbe
Ingredients: 340 gr flour for pasta ( 70 % semolina flour + 30% all purpose flour)
4 eggs , fresh herbs ( sage , thyme , aromatic fennel , chives, marjoram,
basil , parsley , dill , tarracon , rosemary , mint etc )
Method: Step by step home made fresh pasta instructions (with photos)
- Mix together flour with eggs until ball is formed.
- Knead dough until is smooth (about 10 min)
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for about 15 min
- Divide your dough into 6 equal parts
- Use the pasta machine to roll each piece of the dough until it is thin as possible (adjusting machine to thinner settings after every pass and dusting with flour if sticky , until pasta sheet is thick – setting 9 on most machines).
- Place the first 3 pasta sheets in a single layer on a lightly floured surface .
- Now spread your herbs on pasta .Use the remaining 3 sheets to cover the others (pic3)Gently press together to hold the leaves in place.
- Pass these doubled sheets through the roller (pic 4) starting with setting # 6 , until sheets and herbs are well pressed together
- Cut your laminated pasta as you want (Cannelloni , lasagna, tagliatelle , pappardelle etc).
- Bring a large saucepan with water to a boil. Add the salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente ( 5 minutes )
Serve with fresh oil or butter
- 2 washed & unpeeled sweet potatoes (you can leave the skin on – it adds nutrition & a nice texture) and cut into sticks
- 2 tabs cornstarch
- paprica- black pepper- onion powder – garlic powder – oregano- olive oil – salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400 °F)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put potatoes in a plastic bag, toss with cornstarch. Blow a little air into the bag, twist the top and shake it vigorously
- Now place sticks into a bowl , add 3 tbs olive oil , onion & garlic powder , paprica , black pepper . Mix all together with your hands
- Line the sticks into the sheet
- Bake for about 20 min. Once bottom of fries are getting crisp, flip them over and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with salt , thyme & fresh beer “Baffo d’ oro birra Moretti “