Oven Roasted sea bream with potatoes and aioli
For the sauce:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- thyme leaves
- place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a whisk.
- 2 sea bream
- 1kg potatoes, sliced
- garlic cloves
- sprigs thyme
- Red pepper flakes
- A lemon, sliced
- Bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 200° C / 392°F
- Put some oil in a rosting tray and layer the potatoes. Add few slices of garlic.
- Prepare the sauce (Oil – lemon juice – salt – red pepper flakes – thyme leaves or any herb of your choice) Pour over the potatoes and put in the oven.
- Bake for 30 min, until the potatoes have absorbed the liquid.
- While they’re cooking, take a sharp knife and cut diagonal slashes across each side of the fish. Cut the lemon slices in half and push them into the grooves. Fill the cavity of each fish with lemon slices, garlic and bay leaves.
- Drizzle the rest of the oil-lemon sauce over them and season well with salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Place the fish on top of the sliced potatoes and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with aioli sauce and fresh “Assyrtiko” white grape wine from Santorini island (Greece)
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt 1 teaspoon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice
Smash up the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pestle and mortar . Place the egg yolk and mustard in a bowl and whisk together, then start to add the oils bit by bit. Once you’ve blended in a quarter of the oil, you can start to add the rest in larger amounts. When the mixture thickens, add lemon juice. When all the oil has gone in, add the garlic. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a bit more lemon juice, if needed.
Leave a Reply