Apple rose tart
A typical autumn pie made of apple “petals” (very thin slices) placed in such a way as to resemble a rose . To be consumed hot or cold and accompanied with an apple & cinnamon-based herbal tea or a ball of vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients: Apricot jam 350 gr
2 rolls of puff pastry
30g sugar / icing sugar/ ground cinnamon
1. Cover a pie pan with a sheet of puff pastry, gently pressing it to the edges.Trim the excess pastry off with a knife
2. Cut 3 apples in half, remove the core and cut into thin slices
3. Pour the apricot jam onto the puff pastry to form an even layer
4. Cut the second sheet of puff pastry into 2-3cm circular strips
5. Arrange the thinly cut apple slices around the outer edges of the pie.
6. Alternate the apple slices with strips of puff pastry. Roll the final apple slices into a little ‘rose’ and place in the middle of the pie.
7. Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 200°C /392°F for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the pie from the oven, brush with a little apricot jam and dust with icing sugar and ground cinnamon
Serve with a herbal tea made of boiling water, apple peel and cinnamon stick