A super food dish -gluten free – and rich of proteins , calcium , Vit A, vit K , vit C , fibers , antioxidants
Ingredients: Quinoa 1 cup , Swiss chard , spring onions, purple cabbage , pomegranate , toasted and chopped dried fruits (nuts, pistachios , almonds etc)
Method: Prepare quinoa by using 2 parts of water to 1 part of quinoa
(1 cup quinoa + 2 cups water) Add quinoa , water and salt to a pot and bring to boil for about 15 min. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix all ingredients : chopped vegetables (swiss chard , spring onios, purple cabbage) quinoa , pomegranate seeds , toasted dried fruits
In a small bottle whisk together the olive oil , apple vinegar and salt.
Top with dressing
1 cup of boiled quinoa , or 180 gr , contains :
- Protein: 8 grams.
- Fiber: 5 grams.
- Manganese: 58% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 28% of the RDA.
- Folate: 19% of the RDA.
- Copper: 18% of the RDA.
- Iron: 15% of the RDA.
- Zinc: 13% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
- Over 10% of the RDA for Vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
- Small amounts of Calcium, B3 (Niacin) and Vitamin E.
GI: very low
Ingredients: 1 purple cabbage – gorgonzola (or another blue cheese . roquefort etc) – walnuts – pesto – olive oil
Ingredients for the salad: Baby spinach , pistachio , pecans, dried cranberries
Ingredients for dressing sauce: 1 cup raspberries – 1 tbs honey – 1/3 cup olive oil – 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Salad: Wash baby spinach under cool water. Place in salad bowl and add the rest of ingredients: purple carrots julienne or slices , pistachio , pecans & dried cranberries.
Dressing: Mash berries until liquefield. Put all ingredients (berries- honey -oil-balsamic vinegar) into a jar and shake well until dressing is creamy. Season to taste with salt before serving and enjoy this healthy gift from nature!
Baby spinach is high in
- vitamin A (necessary for healthy vision, immune function, skin and bone health)
- vitamin K ( important for proper blood clotting)
- folate ( important for woman of childbearing age, because it helps to prevent neural tube defects in developing babies)
- Rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Vitamin C
- contain higher amounts of phenolics (especially anthocyanins) and show higher antioxidant capacity than their orange and yellow counterparts . Anthocyanins may provide the following health benefits:
- Anti-Carcinogenic Effects Against Colon Cancer Cells
- Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Eye Health Protecting Qualities
- Improved Vascular Health
Moustalevria (Greek: μουσταλευριά) or moustopita (Greek: μουστόπιτα) is a sort of pudding made of grape must mixed with flour and boiled until thick. It may also include almonds, walnuts, and other nuts.
Grape must is the juice from pressed grapes before fermentation, and is often used as a sweetener in traditional bread recipes, as well as in the preparation of desserts and candy. This grape must pie is a favorite, especially popular at grape harvest season when the must is fresh.
1 head radicchio, halved, cored, and cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips
1 bunch baby arugula
5 ripe fresh figs , stemmed and quartered
Slices of parmesan or goat cheese
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt , pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a large bowl combine all ingredients together . Drizzle with olive oil ,balsamic , salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Figs contain :
Vitamin B6. Important for protein and fat metabolism and absorption and assists in creating new red blood cells.
Vitamin A . Important nutrient for proper eye function and helps keep skin, nails and hair healthy
Thiamin. Helps convert carbohydrates into energy within the body and is also important for proper cardiovascular and nervous system function.
Vitamin K. Plays an important role in the proper clotting of blood
Pantothenic Acid. Energy production within the body and in the formation of certain hormones
2. Wifi connection
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Rub the pan with olive oil.(This prevents the chicken from sticking)
- Put the chicken in the pan
- Trasfer the chicken to the oven
- Log in to Facebook
- That’s all! Enjoy! 🙂
Chefs tips and tricks: Remember :You can try the same simply recipe with beef, ragù sauce, muffins, strawberry marmalade, vegetables. There are no limits to your fantasy! Take some great ideas down here. E bon appétit ! 🙂
- A great way to increase your water intake and boost your metabolism fast and naturally . Burn more calories daily with a fresh glass of infused water . You can use:
- fruits (cherries,strawberries, blackberries , raspberries , oranges, apples, watermelon, kiwi , mango, lemon , lime etc)
- vegetables (beetroot , cucumber, celery , carrots , fennel , tomatoes )
- herbs (thyme , rosemary , basil , mint ,cilantro, parsley, sage )
- spices ( cinnamon sticks , cloves , cardamom pods, ginger, vanilla bean )
- edible flowers (violets , roses , lavander , lilac , dandelion ,chamomile , hibiscus rosa , snapdragons etc )
- Wash and cut the fruits/vegetables
- Place them in a jar and fill with fresh water
- Put in fridge . Let the water sit for 1-2 hours. Longer it sits , more flavorful and healthy will be
- Serve with ice cubes