Stuffed bread. Transform the usual bread dough into a savory meal that you can enjoy for brunch, lunch, dinner, at school or at work. Great idea for Easter picnics. Easy, flavorful, fragrant. Feel free to use different ingredients as options such mozzarella, bolognese sauce, bacon, sausage, salami, meatballs, peperoni etc.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl stir yeast into 1 cup lukewarm water until dissolved. Let sit until small bubbles form around edges.
- Whisk in sugar &salt until blended.
- Gradually add flour and olive oil , mix with your hands until a soft dough forms . Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead in remaining flour, continuing to knead for about 10 min until the dough is very soft.
- Return dough to cleaned bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Turn out dough onto work surface and gently squeeze out air bubbles.
- Fill and shape as desired. Feel free to use different ingredients as options such mozzarella, cheddar cheese, Greek feta, bolognese sauce, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, salami, peperoni, asparagus, olives, meatballs etc.
- Brush every bread with olive oil . Bake in hot oven at 200°C (375° F) for about 20 min or until surface is golden brown.
SALAMI & CHEESE BREAD
Ingredients: 500 gr flour for bread – 300ml water – 150 gr salami cut into cubes- 150 gr mix of provolone , cacciocavalo , cheddar (cubes) – 3 tbs olive oil – 10 gr fast action yeast – 2 teaspoon salt
Method: Preheat oven to 375 °F. Grease and line a loaf pan with baking parchment
- Into a large bowl sift together flour , salt , yeast , oil, water -until dough is formed
- Knead the dough for 20min , add cheese & salami cubes and form it into a ball
- Let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place until doubled in size
- After 2 hours knead it again for 10 min . Place it on the baking parchment & let it rise again for 1 hour
- Bake for about 40 – 45 ‘ until golden