Portobello stuffed mushrooms
Portobello stuffed mushrooms with 3 different cheeses. When rich and fresh ricotta pairs well with earthy mushrooms in a timeless hot appetizer. Stuffed mushrooms with spinach/fresh ricotta mixture, savory cheddar bottom, freshly grated parmesan on top. Eat it hot!
Ingredients: 5 handfuls mushrooms – 80 gr ricotta cheese – 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese – 50 gr cheddar cheese – handful of spinach -1 garlic clove – olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Remove the stalks (they come out easily) and cut them into pieces
- Heat a pan with olive oil, when hot add garlic & stalks. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems for about 5 min, then add a handful of spinach & salt. Cook for 3-4 min stirring often. Turn off the heat .
- Add ricotta to spinach & stir to combine
- Brush the mushroom caps with oil, salt (and pepper if you desire)
- Place pieces of cheddar cheese at the bottom of each mushroom cup
- Fill with the ricotta stuffing, place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 min or until the cheese is golden. Bon appétit!
Herb crusted rack of lamb
Extremely inviting , flavorful & delicious rack of lamb. Green crust outside, juicy pink inside. A colorful idea for Easter. Incredibly easy recipe in 4 simply steps. Enjoy!
Ingredients: 2 large racks of lamb cut in half with their bones per serving
salt – ground pepper – olive oil – 2 tablespoons Dijon or other mustard of your choice
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- sprig of parsley
- sprig of mint
- sprig of thyme
- sprig of rosemary
- sprig of basil
- 1 garlic clove
- CRUST: Place all ingredients for the crust into a blender and pulse several times until is homogeneous green. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 200°.
Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add 1 lamb rack to pan and “seal it “. Cook few minutes (about 4min) on each side enough to develop color. Remove lamb from pan. Repeat with remaining lamb rack.
2. Brush Dijon mustard over every side of each rack ,
3. Then press green breadcrumb mixture all over.
4.Transfer the pan with the lamb into the oven and bake for 7-8 min.
Let stand 10 min, then cut into chops. Serve with herb roasted baby potatoes, stuffed mushrooms and a fresh glass of Leone Rosso wine, doc Orcia 2010 (By Donatella’s Cinelli Colombini factory). Enjoy a happy Easter!
Beetroot pickled eggs
A trick to getting your kids to eat eggs? Beetroot colored pickled eggs is the perfect solution. Beautiful and full of proteins. Easy, tasty, cheap & kid friendly. Try these pickled eggs in a green salad or alone such an appetizer and enjoy a happy Easter!
- 6 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup beetroot juice
- Place eggs in saucepan, cover with water. Bring to boil for 12 min. Lift into a bowl of cold water and cool. Peel and put into a sterilised jar.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar and beet juice to a boil.
- Pour liquid over eggs in the jar. Seal well & cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Marinated Greek lamb souvlaki
Delicious , succulent , crispy outside – juicy pink inside – lamb souvlaki previously marinated in olive oil , oregano , thyme, onion, lemon or lime juice, coriander , garlic , salt and pepper
Ingredients for 3 souvlaki
250 gr lamb leg or shoulder cut into 2cm cubes
1 red onion
1 red pepper
Marinade: Olive oil, 1 lemon, mediterranean herbs such oregano, thyme, mint, coriander. Onion, garlic, salt & ground pepper
- Cut the meat into 2 cm cubes
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients for marinade.
- Put the lamb pieces into the bowl with the marinade, cover with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate the lamb for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- After 4 hours (or after one night) peel and cut the onions, chop the peppers into 2cm pieces and assemble the lamb souvlaki alternating lamb, wedges of onion and pieces of pepper.
- Brush the lamb with olive oil and cook over hot grill for about 8-10 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with hot Greek pita bread, tzatziki sauce and fresh Retsina of Attica “Kourtaki” (Greek resinated – with pine resin – wine)