Panettone filled with cream (No cooking recipe)
- A delicious Christmas dessert, easy to prepare without cooking in less than half an hour. Just mix 2 milk products. One is typical Italian: mascarpone; the other typical Greek: yogurt. Add icing sugar, mix well these 3 ingredients and the cream is ready to fill the panettone.
- Mascarpone is an Italian soft cheese made from cream and resembling cream cheese. It is recognized in Italy as a traditional “Agri-food product”. It is used in various Lombardy dishes and is considered a specialty in the region. Is one of the main ingredients of the typical Italian dessert “Tiramisu”.
Ingredients: (For this recipe has been used “Flegga” Greek yogurt & “Galbani Santa Lucia” Italian mascarpone cream cheese)
1 panettone 800 gr – 500 gr of mascarpone – 300 gr Greek yogurt – 150 Icing sugar – 300 gr orange jam
1.In a deep bowl, mix mascarpone, yogurt and 150 grams of icing sugar using a spatula or spoon until it becomes a soft and homogeneous cream. (See step by step photo gallery below)
Cover and leave to cool in the fridge for a couple of hours
2. Cut and remove the top of the panettone.
Cut the remaining cake horizontally into 3 layers
3. Fill the panettone by spreading a layer of cream on the first disc. On top of this add a thin layer of orange marmalade
4. Overlap the second disc of the cake and repeat the same operation
5. Decorate to your liking or leave it as it is.
In this case we decorate with house -shaped cookies (gingerbread), using rosemary branches for the trees and icing sugar for the snow. Simply, quickly, delicious!
If it is not consumed immediately it should be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days due to the presence of the cheese cream
See step by step the photo gallery bellow.