Panettone filled with cream (No cooking recipe)
- A delicious Christmas dessert, easy to prepare without cooking in less than half an hour. Just mix 2 milk products. One is typical Italian: mascarpone; the other typical Greek: yogurt. Add icing sugar, mix well these 3 ingredients and the cream is ready to fill the panettone.
- Mascarpone is an Italian soft cheese made from cream and resembling cream cheese. It is recognized in Italy as a traditional “Agri-food product”. It is used in various Lombardy dishes and is considered a specialty in the region. Is one of the main ingredients of the typical Italian dessert “Tiramisu”.
Ingredients: (For this recipe has been used “Flegga” Greek yogurt & “Galbani Santa Lucia” Italian mascarpone cream cheese)
1 panettone 800 gr – 500 gr of mascarpone – 300 gr Greek yogurt – 150 Icing sugar – 300 gr orange jam
1.In a deep bowl, mix mascarpone, yogurt and 150 grams of icing sugar using a spatula or spoon until it becomes a soft and homogeneous cream. (See step by step photo gallery below)
Cover and leave to cool in the fridge for a couple of hours
2. Cut and remove the top of the panettone.
Cut the remaining cake horizontally into 3 layers
3. Fill the panettone by spreading a layer of cream on the first disc. On top of this add a thin layer of orange marmalade
4. Overlap the second disc of the cake and repeat the same operation
5. Decorate to your liking or leave it as it is.
In this case we decorate with house -shaped cookies (gingerbread), using rosemary branches for the trees and icing sugar for the snow. Simply, quickly, delicious!
If it is not consumed immediately it should be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days due to the presence of the cheese cream
See step by step the photo gallery bellow.
Christmas Ideas. Part 2. Beef fillet in crust, speck & mushrooms
Very similar to the previous recipe but with beef fillet, speck and mushrooms. Everything is wrapped and cooked inside a "nest" of puff pastry. Speck is a type of lightly smoked and aged ham (prosciutto) rubbed/massaged with a mix of spices like juniper, bay leaves etc. This spiced cure gives speck a deeper taste that's more intense than prosciutto crudo. It's typically made in South Tyrol and gives a unique flavor especially when paired with mushrooms which with their intense aromas makes you feel a virtual journey into a mountain chalet. Enjoy!
Ingredients : 800 gr fillet of beef , 300 gr mushrooms, 2 carrots, 200 gr thinly sliced speck, 1 rectangular puff pastry, 1 yolk / 2 tbs milk , 50 gr butter, 2 cloves of garlic, oil, salt
Turn on the oven at 180 ° C / 356 °F
1.Massage the beef fillet with salt. Let it rest for 10 min.
2.In a pan heat 50 g of butter.
3. When it is melted and hot, brown the fillet on all sides for 10 – 15 min
4. Cut the carrot into small pieces. In a large pan heat the oil with the garlic. Add mushrooms and carrot and cook for 15 minutes until they are very dry and withered ( They must not have moisture. Humidity would damage the pastry)
5. Roll out the puff pastry (without removing its baking paper)
6.Cover the pastry with the speck
7.Cover completely with a generous layer of mushrooms
8.Position above the fillet steak
9.Close the dough around the meat by pulling up the baking paper.
10.Make the dough adhere (with your hands and a fork) well.
11.Transfer the fillet to the pan, brush with the yolk and milk mix.
12. With a knife cut the surface creating a grid. (Follow the photo gallery)
Bake for 45 min at 180 ° C Remove from the oven, let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes, cut it into slices.
Serve with polenta or mashed potatoes
Polenta: For this recipe has been used “instant” polenta Valsugana typical of northen Italy. Cooking takes only 8 min. As an alternative to polenta, the fillet can be served – and is delicious too – with mashed potatoes.
POLENTA. For 2 persons: 180 gr instant polenta, 900 ml water. Bring the water to boil. Add polenta and a pinch of salt. With a whisk mix costantly to prevent lumps formation. Cook on low heat for 8 min.
Serve hot with a fillet slice on top.
See the step by step gallery below