A trick to getting your kids to eat eggs? Beetroot colored pickled eggs is the perfect solution. Beautiful and full of proteins. Easy, tasty, cheap & kid friendly. Try these pickled eggs in a green salad or alone such an appetizer and enjoy a happy Easter!
- 6 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup beetroot juice
- Place eggs in saucepan, cover with water. Bring to boil for 12 min. Lift into a bowl of cold water and cool. Peel and put into a sterilised jar.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar and beet juice to a boil.
- Pour liquid over eggs in the jar. Seal well & cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
If your kids don’t eat enough veggies , try with this colorfull recipe ! Rich in acid folic , vit A , B, C , calcium, iron, manganese, potassium , copper , magnesium , fiber , proteins
Ingredients for 10 croquettes :
1 cooked beetroot – 300gr feta (cheese made in Greece from a mixture of sheep and goat’s milk)
2 eggs – gluten free breadcrumb
In a large bowl mash up the beetroot & feta using a fork or an immersion blender.
Add 1 or 2 tbsp breadcrumb until mixture is solid. Roll it into balls and place onto a plate. Refrigerate for 20- 30 min to firm up.