One of the easiest and prettiest ways to decorate the cookies and enjoy time during quarantin days with your childrens…
Ingredients for 15 cookies:
- 190 g butter, at room temperature
- 110 g icing sugar
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the decoration:
- Cookie cutters of desired shape
- Cocoa Powder
- Pastry brush
- Add the butter in a mixer’s bowl and beat it with the paddle attachment at high speed, for 4-5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and keep beating for 4-5 minutes using the paddle attachment at low to medium speed.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the vanilla and add them to the mixer. Beat for 2-3 minutes until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and knead it with your hands until it is thick and malleable.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Transfer one of the pieces to a baking shett lined with parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and, with a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it has the same size as the baking sheet.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut the cookies using the cookie cutter. Follow the same process for the remaining dough, too.
- Place the stencil on top of the cookie. Use a pastry brush to pick up cocoa powder and pat the cocoa powder onto the stencil.
- Lift away the stencil carefully. Do the same for the rest of the cookies, then bake for about 15 min (180°C / 356°F)