Ingredients: 2 beef muscle fillets 2 inches thick – butter 1 tbs – 4 slices thick-cut bacon -salt – pepper – asparagus – peas – edible flowers of your choice
Method: Preheat the oven to 400 ° F
- Generously salt & pepper both sides of muscle
- Wrap it with a strip of bacon , secure it with a lenght of kitchen string
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium – high heat. Add butter. When melted, add the fillets , now sear for about 2 min per side until you get a nice crust. Then turn fillet on the bacon side and roll it for a minute more.
- Place the skillet directly into the oven. Roast 5-6 minutes each side for medium rare. Adjust cooking time for desired doneness.
- When fillets are done , remove from the oven , cover with alluminium foil and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This tip give to juices time to redistribute evenly throughout the meat.
- Serve with grilled asparagus , grilled peas , edible flowers of your choice and a fresh glass of Brunello di Montalcino (red) wine.