A very simply and tasty salmon recipe, full of omega 3, proteins, excellent sourse of Potassium & Selenium. Very high in B vitamins such B1 , B2 , B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12. Furthermore contains the antioxidant Astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is a compound linked to several powerful health effects. As a member of the carotenoid family of antioxidants, astaxanthin gives salmon its pinkish-orange pigment. Lower the risk of heart disease by reducing oxidation of bad cholesterol LDL and increasing HDL (the “good cholesterol)
With the addition of herbs rich in indisputable properties, the dish that “marries” the land with the sea is a hymn to health and taste. The result is a flavorful crispy crust on the outside, while the interior impregnated with the flavor of the herbs is soft and tasty.
Serve it with oven baked hot potatoes chips, avocado, chia seeds, walnuts and a home made dressing made by mayonnaise, lemon and olive oil. If you have fresh biological eggs you can made your own mayonnaise.
The right recipe that fortifies the organism in these dark and sad times that we are currently experiencing. Don’t lose hope, don’t let panic overcome fear. Take care of you, of your health, of your mind, read books, paint a canvas, start a yoga course, create new unusual recipes. The enemy of fear is creativity. Eat healthly, stay strong and rest at home. Best wishes to all of you. From Italy with solidarity and positive thoughts.
Ingredients: Fresh salmon 2 pieces, olive oil
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- sprigs of parsley
- sprigs of mint
- sprigs of thyme
- sprigs of marjoram
- 1 garlic glove (optional)
- CRUST: Place all ingredients for the crust into a blender. Pulse several times until is homogeneous green. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°/ 392° F
- Place the mix of herbs+breadcrumbs in a dish. Press salmon all over into the green mixture to coat it on both sides
- Place the fish onto a tray (or cast iron pan). Drizzle a little olive oil on top
- Transfer the pan into the oven (200°C /392°F ) and bake for 15 min.