Portobello stuffed mushrooms with 3 different cheeses. When rich and fresh ricotta pairs well with earthy mushrooms in a timeless hot appetizer. Stuffed mushrooms with spinach/fresh ricotta mixture, savory cheddar bottom, freshly grated parmesan on top. Eat it hot!
Ingredients: 5 handfuls mushrooms – 80 gr ricotta cheese – 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese – 50 gr cheddar cheese – handful of spinach -1 garlic clove – olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Remove the stalks (they come out easily) and cut them into pieces
- Heat a pan with olive oil, when hot add garlic & stalks. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems for about 5 min, then add a handful of spinach & salt. Cook for 3-4 min stirring often. Turn off the heat .
- Add ricotta to spinach & stir to combine
- Brush the mushroom caps with oil, salt (and pepper if you desire)
- Place pieces of cheddar cheese at the bottom of each mushroom cup
- Fill with the ricotta stuffing, place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 min or until the cheese is golden. Bon appétit!
- 1 cup of shiitake (Lentinula edodes) ,chanterelle (Chanterellus cibarius) , porcini (Boletus funghi)
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups of rice (basmati, arborio etc)
- 300 gr butter
- 300 gr parmigiano reggiano
- onion – olive oil – salt – parsley – pepper
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan , add the chopped onion and fry until is soft.
2. Add mushrooms and saute’ them for about 10 min,Season with salt
3.Add the rice and “fry” it for about 1 min, so add the wine and bring again to boil for few minutes(2′-3′)
4.Add the broth , half cup at a time , stir well until is completely absorbed before adding the next half cup
5. When rice is “al dente”, take the sausepan out of the heat .
6.Add 300 gr of parmesan cheese , 300 gr butter , chopped parsley , pepper . Stir well. Cover and leave the risotto for a few minutes into the saucepan .
7. Serve with fresh Chardonnay. Bon appétit !