Method: 1 Cut pomegranates. Gently pull seeds away from the white centers.
2. Place all seeds in a glass container
3. Pour the alcohol over the seeds. Close the lid. Let it age for two weeks in a cool dark place.
4. After 2 weeks, heat the water with the sugar . Disolve very well
5. Strain through fine wire mesh and discard all the seeds.
6. Pour the cold syrup into the liqueur and mix with a spoon
7. Tranfer in a clean glass bottle.
It is ready to be served alone or added to cocktails such 1 to 1 with vodka or 1 to 1 with sparkling wine and cinnamon syrup. With tequila and cranberry juice. You can added it in a glass of warm red and spiced sangria (mulled wine) to accompany roasted chestnuts. The possibilities for use are endless. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 persons :
200ml pomegranate juice
200ml champagne or other sparkling wine
100 ml sprite
Juice from 1 fresh orange
1.In a pitcher combine pomegranate, orange juice & sprite
2 In 2 cocktail glasses place ice cubes, pomegranate seeds and the juices+sprite mix
3.Top with champagne or other sparkling wine. You can adjust the wine to your liking.
4. Garnish with orange slices, some mint leaves and enjoy!
Quinoa salad /σαλατα κινòα(κουινòα)/Insalata di quinoa
A super food dish -gluten free – and rich of proteins , calcium , Vit A, vit K , vit C , fibers , antioxidants
Ingredients: Quinoa 1 cup , Swiss chard , spring onions, purple cabbage , pomegranate , toasted and chopped dried fruits (nuts, pistachios , almonds etc)
Method: Prepare quinoa by using 2 parts of water to 1 part of quinoa
(1 cup quinoa + 2 cups water) Add quinoa , water and salt to a pot and bring to boil for about 15 min. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix all ingredients : chopped vegetables (swiss chard , spring onios, purple cabbage) quinoa , pomegranate seeds , toasted dried fruits
In a small bottle whisk together the olive oil , apple vinegar and salt.
Top with dressing
1 cup of boiled quinoa , or 180 gr , contains :
- Protein: 8 grams.
- Fiber: 5 grams.
- Manganese: 58% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 28% of the RDA.
- Folate: 19% of the RDA.
- Copper: 18% of the RDA.
- Iron: 15% of the RDA.
- Zinc: 13% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
- Over 10% of the RDA for Vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
- Small amounts of Calcium, B3 (Niacin) and Vitamin E.
GI: very low