Simply to make. Glazed , sticky, oven roasted meatballs with a super easy sweet bbq sauce. They require only 2 ingredients. Jam & a barbecue sauce of your choice. I have used blueberry jam because i had it from last summer but really work great with whatever preserve you have. If you desire you can add chilli or tabasco , you can add more than 100 gr bbq sauce. Depends on your personal taste. I use more jam because i like sweet flavors but if you desire more bbq sauce you can add it. No limits for your fantasy. Serve hot with cheese, fry potatoes , rice or simply as an appetizer.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS:
1/2 kg ground beef, 300 gr white bread previously soaked in milk and squeezed dry, 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, 1 egg , salt , pepper
1. Heat oven to 200°C /400°F. Line a pan with parchment paper
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape mixture with your hands into meatballs. Place in pan.
3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BBQ SAUCE
1 can (350gr) blueberry jam
100 gr barbecue sauce of your choice
- In a large skillet mix well blueberry jam & barbecue sauce
- Cook the mixture on low heat until bubbly and looks like dark caramel
- Add (previously cooked) meatballs in a single layer. Stir to coat completely
- Let cook -always on low heat – for about 4-5 minutes