Great for an appetizer or served with cheese , rice, toasted bread, fry or oven roasted potatoes, these meatballs are served with a sweet apricot, mustard & chilli dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS:
1/2 kg ground beef, 300 gr white bread previously soaked in milk and squeezed dry, 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, 1 egg , salt , pepper
1. Heat oven to 200°C /400°F. Line a pan with parchment paper
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape mixture with your hands into meatballs. Place in pan.
3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE APRICOT SAUCE
1 can (350gr) apricot jam
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet mix all ingredients together
- Cook the mixture for about 1 min on low heat
- Add (previously cooked) meatballs in a single layer and cook 2 minutes.
Serve immediately. This mixture is suitable for dipping kebabs, meat or veggie balls and it also makes a great sauce for burgers. Enjoy!