Very easy , quick & healthy snack for kids . Rich in fibers, vit K , vit C . vit B6 , vit E , vit A , selenium , anthocyanin , potassium , copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial substance), magnesium , phosphorus , manganese , calcium
- French baguette or other bread of your choise
- Goat cheese (but you can use any creamy fresh cheese such ricotta, robiola, Philadelphia, stracchino, creamy blue cheese etc. )
- Fresh blueberries
- Herbs of your choise (rosemary , mint , thym . basil )
- Cut the baguette from side to side or into thin slices
- Lightly toast it in the oven
- Spread it – with a spatula or knife – with fresh cheese
- Top with fresh blueberries , honey & chopped herbs
- Enjoy this union of creamy flavors, blue sweetness & magical scents from nature ❤ !
Blueberries are heart healthy , brain & immunity boosters, cancer fighters. Keep your eyes healthy, low in calories (1 cup of blueberries=85 calories). Rich in fibers
SOURCE: MARTHA STEWART LIVING, SEPTEMBER 2010
A mix of chopped and whole fresh basil transforms ordinary crackers into herb-infused snacks.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus 40 whole basil leaves
- Coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten for egg wash
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse flour, chopped basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and the sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, add cream; pulse until dough forms.
Briefly knead dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; shape into rectangles, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Roll out 1 piece of dough on a lightly floured surface into a very thin rectangle (about 12 by 16 inches). Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Press 10 whole basil leaves into top.
Bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool. Repeat 3 times with remaining dough, egg wash, salt, and whole basil leaves. Break into individual crackers using your hands.