Discover the tastiest italian iced “crema di caffe’ freddo as it is prepared in Italians bars and your coffee willl never be the same again.
A creamy and fluffy alternative to traditional coffee. Crema di caffe’ is an icy mixture of espresso and whipping cream served in small transparent glasses. Enjoy!
- 150 ml espresso coffee
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp Nutella (optional)
1. Prepare an espresso.
Dissolve the sugar in the espresso . At this point if you desire you can add 1 tbs of Nutella. Mix to dissolve
2. In a deep mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream (300ml) until soft peaks form.
3. Add the espresso coffee
4. Whip again 1 min until homogeneous
4. Pour the mixture into a plastic container and leave in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Leave larger quantities in the freezer for longer
5. Once cooled, take the desire amount , whip it or blend it with a handblend until smooth and creamy
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on the top. You can decorate the inside of the glass with some Nutella to give color & chocolate flavor. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 persons :
200ml pomegranate juice
200ml champagne or other sparkling wine
100 ml sprite
Juice from 1 fresh orange
1.In a pitcher combine pomegranate, orange juice & sprite
2 In 2 cocktail glasses place ice cubes, pomegranate seeds and the juices+sprite mix
3.Top with champagne or other sparkling wine. You can adjust the wine to your liking.
4. Garnish with orange slices, some mint leaves and enjoy!
- 1½ oz tequila
- ½ oz crème de cassis
- ½ oz lime juice
- ginger beer 2- 3 oz
- 2 lime wedge
Method: Add tequila, crème de cassis, and lime juice to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. Fine-strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with lime wedges
Mulled wine is an ancient drink which has survived to modern times. Usually made with red wine and various spices and fruits.Mulled wines have a long history. In medieval times these wines were called Ypocras or Hipocris, named after the Greek physician Hippocrates. They were thought to be very healthy, and indeed, with wine at the time being far more sanitary than water, these heated drinks probably did keep people healthy through the cold winters.
Mulled wine reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.
Red wine is a great source of antioxidants, which increases levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and gets rid of the bad stuff, which can significantly prevent heart disease and clogged arteries. It also contains tannin, which performs an anti-viral action by attacking the protein of viruses, making it highly effective in fighting off colds and ‘flu.
Cinnamon has anti- inflammatory properties ,is very effective against ‘flu symptoms. Lowers blood sugar levels
Cloves are anti-parasitic ,they have powerful anti-bacterial properties.
Lemon and orange are antiseptic and high in vit C
1 bottle red wine (not sparkling), 200gr sugar , 2 cinnamon sticks, grated nutmeg, 1 orange (juice and peel) , 1 lemon (peel only), 5 cloves, 2 star anise
Feel free to use your favorite fruits and spices ( clementines, apples, limes, ginger , pepercorns etc)
Peel the skin of the orange and lemon
- Put the wine in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients (peels .fruits , spices and sugar)
- Squeeze the orange to get the juice and add it to the wine
- Heat gently until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5 min. Stir constantly until it becomes a beautiful thick syrup
- Ladle it into heatproof glasses and serve with a cinnamon stick
- Recipes for Hippocras (odiern Mulled wine) from a manuscript c.1530. Add.Mss. 36542 f.2a. Reproduced by permission of the British Library.
- A great way to increase your water intake and boost your metabolism fast and naturally . Burn more calories daily with a fresh glass of infused water . You can use:
- fruits (cherries,strawberries, blackberries , raspberries , oranges, apples, watermelon, kiwi , mango, lemon , lime etc)
- vegetables (beetroot , cucumber, celery , carrots , fennel , tomatoes )
- herbs (thyme , rosemary , basil , mint ,cilantro, parsley, sage )
- spices ( cinnamon sticks , cloves , cardamom pods, ginger, vanilla bean )
- edible flowers (violets , roses , lavander , lilac , dandelion ,chamomile , hibiscus rosa , snapdragons etc )
- Wash and cut the fruits/vegetables
- Place them in a jar and fill with fresh water
- Put in fridge . Let the water sit for 1-2 hours. Longer it sits , more flavorful and healthy will be
- Serve with ice cubes