So, always using our favorite 100% organic brand of dairy products, the award-winning and prestigious Greek Creamery “Flegga”. Today’s smoothie includes goat’s bio kefir with the addition of aloe vera, green grapes, green apple and spinach. Just add all ingredients into a blender (after freezing the grapes) and mix until velvety and creamy.
Aloe vera contains 75 potentially active constituents: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids and amino acids.
Green grapes , spinach & green apples are rich of vit A, B2, B6, E, C and K, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese, zinc, phosphorus.
- Food is Medicine – “Goat Milk Benefits are Superior to Cow Milk”. Written by Dr Josh Axe on May 20, 2015
- Benefits and medical uses of Aloe https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265800
Ingredients for 1 person: 1/2cup organic goat kefir by Flegga
150 gr aloe Vera
10- 15 frozen green grapes without seeds
1/2 green apple
Spinach leaves about 20 leaves
Agave or marple syrup 2 tbs
Method: Wash and freeze the grapes, simply by placing them in a plastic container.
The next day, wash the spinach leaves and cut the apple into small pieces. Do not peel it.
Cut a piece of aloe, more or less than 20cm.
Cut out the green peel and remove the gel with the help of a spoon.
Add all ingredients into the blender, frozen grapes, apple, spinach, aloe gel, kefir, agave or maple syrup.
Blend few minutes until velvety and creamy. Serve immediately
Preparing a smoothie with Ariani by Flegga is the most delicious way to refresh yourself with taste while staying in health.
Ariani by Flegga is a Greek traditional product made by 100% fresh bio and pasteurized goat milk with the addition of bio yogurt culture. No preserventives. Only organic milk produced esclusively by ruminants goats in the valleys of Pindos mountain range.
Ideal for toddlers, kids, adults, the right choice for breakfast, recipes, drinks, ice creams, smoothies. Unlimited the ways you can enjoy Ariani. Unique its flavor as it is. But here some ideas for a refresing and pleasant smoothies with the addition of vegetables, fruits, almonds and everything else your fantasy commands.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
1 cucumber (with the green peel)
1/2 green apple
1/2 glass of Ariani Flegga
5 – 6 ice cubes
Cut all fruits and cucumber in small pieces. Add them in a blender with the rest of the ingrediends, so add Ariani and ice cubes. Blend 2 min until the smoothie is homogeneous.
If it is very dense, add more Ariani and ice cubes. Blend again for few seconds until you have the desired consistency. Serve cold.
For the sweet version, simply add 1 tbsp of honey, 5 – 6 almonds/person. Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
To see the procedure step by step, click the photo gallery below. (Java script is required)
Method: 1 Cut pomegranates. Gently pull seeds away from the white centers.
2. Place all seeds in a glass container
3. Pour the alcohol over the seeds. Close the lid. Let it age for two weeks in a cool dark place.
4. After 2 weeks, heat the water with the sugar . Disolve very well
5. Strain through fine wire mesh and discard all the seeds.
6. Pour the cold syrup into the liqueur and mix with a spoon
7. Tranfer in a clean glass bottle.
It is ready to be served alone or added to cocktails such 1 to 1 with vodka or 1 to 1 with sparkling wine and cinnamon syrup. With tequila and cranberry juice. You can added it in a glass of warm red and spiced sangria (mulled wine) to accompany roasted chestnuts. The possibilities for use are endless. Enjoy!
A slushie is a frozen treat perfect for hot summer days. Fruits & wine slushie is made with only two ingredients: Frozen fruits of your choice and your favorite white wine. The quickest way to make a slushy is by using a blender, but if you have an ice cream maker your slushies will have a smoother texture.
In this recipe i use peach & bluebberies but feel free to use any fruit combo you desire. Just put all the ingredients in a blender and you ‘ve got a delicious, perfumed and colorfull glass of slushie
Peach & bluebbery
Ingredients for 1 person: Peach & bluebbery
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches (Cut 1 peach into slices and put in the freezer until frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh white wine
- 1tsp sugar (optional)
Method: Put all ingredients together in a blender. Pulse until homogeneous. If slushie appears too thick, add more wine. Serve immediately
Discover the tastiest italian iced “crema di caffe’ freddo as it is prepared in Italians bars and your coffee willl never be the same again.
A creamy and fluffy alternative to traditional coffee. Crema di caffe’ is an icy mixture of espresso and whipping cream served in small transparent glasses. Enjoy!
- 150 ml espresso coffee
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp Nutella (optional)
1. Prepare an espresso.
Dissolve the sugar in the espresso . At this point if you desire you can add 1 tbs of Nutella. Mix to dissolve
2. In a deep mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream (300ml) until soft peaks form.
3. Add the espresso coffee
4. Whip again 1 min until homogeneous
4. Pour the mixture into a plastic container and leave in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Leave larger quantities in the freezer for longer
5. Once cooled, take the desire amount , whip it or blend it with a handblend until smooth and creamy
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on the top. You can decorate the inside of the glass with some Nutella to give color & chocolate flavor. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 persons :
200ml pomegranate juice
200ml champagne or other sparkling wine
100 ml sprite
Juice from 1 fresh orange
1.In a pitcher combine pomegranate, orange juice & sprite
2 In 2 cocktail glasses place ice cubes, pomegranate seeds and the juices+sprite mix
3.Top with champagne or other sparkling wine. You can adjust the wine to your liking.
4. Garnish with orange slices, some mint leaves and enjoy!
- 1½ oz tequila
- ½ oz crème de cassis
- ½ oz lime juice
- ginger beer 2- 3 oz
- 2 lime wedge
Method: Add tequila, crème de cassis, and lime juice to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. Fine-strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with lime wedges
Mulled wine is an ancient drink which has survived to modern times. Usually made with red wine and various spices and fruits.Mulled wines have a long history. In medieval times these wines were called Ypocras or Hipocris, named after the Greek physician Hippocrates. They were thought to be very healthy, and indeed, with wine at the time being far more sanitary than water, these heated drinks probably did keep people healthy through the cold winters.
Mulled wine reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.
Red wine is a great source of antioxidants, which increases levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and gets rid of the bad stuff, which can significantly prevent heart disease and clogged arteries. It also contains tannin, which performs an anti-viral action by attacking the protein of viruses, making it highly effective in fighting off colds and ‘flu.
Cinnamon has anti- inflammatory properties ,is very effective against ‘flu symptoms. Lowers blood sugar levels
Cloves are anti-parasitic ,they have powerful anti-bacterial properties.
Lemon and orange are antiseptic and high in vit C
1 bottle red wine (not sparkling), 200gr sugar , 2 cinnamon sticks, grated nutmeg, 1 orange (juice and peel) , 1 lemon (peel only), 5 cloves, 2 star anise
Feel free to use your favorite fruits and spices ( clementines, apples, limes, ginger , pepercorns etc)
Peel the skin of the orange and lemon
- Put the wine in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients (peels .fruits , spices and sugar)
- Squeeze the orange to get the juice and add it to the wine
- Heat gently until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5 min. Stir constantly until it becomes a beautiful thick syrup
- Ladle it into heatproof glasses and serve with a cinnamon stick
- Recipes for Hippocras (odiern Mulled wine) from a manuscript c.1530. Add.Mss. 36542 f.2a. Reproduced by permission of the British Library.
- A great way to increase your water intake and boost your metabolism fast and naturally . Burn more calories daily with a fresh glass of infused water . You can use:
- fruits (cherries,strawberries, blackberries , raspberries , oranges, apples, watermelon, kiwi , mango, lemon , lime etc)
- vegetables (beetroot , cucumber, celery , carrots , fennel , tomatoes )
- herbs (thyme , rosemary , basil , mint ,cilantro, parsley, sage )
- spices ( cinnamon sticks , cloves , cardamom pods, ginger, vanilla bean )
- edible flowers (violets , roses , lavander , lilac , dandelion ,chamomile , hibiscus rosa , snapdragons etc )
- Wash and cut the fruits/vegetables
- Place them in a jar and fill with fresh water
- Put in fridge . Let the water sit for 1-2 hours. Longer it sits , more flavorful and healthy will be
- Serve with ice cubes