Lemon, Garlic, Greek black olives Roasted Butterflied Chicken
Ingredients: 1 chicken 1,5 kg , 3-4 lemons sliced into 2 cm rounds , 2 bulbs garlic halved horizontally, black Greek olives, 2 tbs olive oil , salt.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Arrange the garlic and lemon on an oven tray . Top with the chicken, breast-side up.
- Brush the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 50 – 60 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Towards the end of cooking add the black olives
Butterflying a chicken allows it to roast more quickly and evenly *
Placing the chicken on a ‘bed’ of lemon and garlic infuses it with amazing flavour as it roasts.
*How to butterfly a chicken. Step by step guide here: