Extremely inviting , flavorful & delicious rack of lamb. Green crust outside, juicy pink inside. A colorful idea for Easter. Incredibly easy recipe in 4 simply steps. Enjoy!
Ingredients: 2 large racks of lamb cut in half with their bones per serving
salt – ground pepper – olive oil – 2 tablespoons Dijon or other mustard of your choice
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- sprig of parsley
- sprig of mint
- sprig of thyme
- sprig of rosemary
- sprig of basil
- 1 garlic clove
- CRUST: Place all ingredients for the crust into a blender and pulse several times until is homogeneous green. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 200°.
Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add 1 lamb rack to pan and “seal it “. Cook few minutes (about 4min) on each side enough to develop color. Remove lamb from pan. Repeat with remaining lamb rack.
2. Brush Dijon mustard over every side of each rack ,
3. Then press green breadcrumb mixture all over.
4.Transfer the pan with the lamb into the oven and bake for 7-8 min.
Let stand 10 min, then cut into chops. Serve with herb roasted baby potatoes, stuffed mushrooms and a fresh glass of Leone Rosso wine, doc Orcia 2010 (By Donatella’s Cinelli Colombini factory). Enjoy a happy Easter!
Delicious , succulent , crispy outside – juicy pink inside – lamb souvlaki previously marinated in olive oil , oregano , thyme, onion, lemon or lime juice, coriander , garlic , salt and pepper
Ingredients for 3 souvlaki
250 gr lamb leg or shoulder cut into 2cm cubes
1 red onion
1 red pepper
Marinade: Olive oil, 1 lemon, mediterranean herbs such oregano, thyme, mint, coriander. Onion, garlic, salt & ground pepper
- Cut the meat into 2 cm cubes
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients for marinade.
- Put the lamb pieces into the bowl with the marinade, cover with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate the lamb for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- After 4 hours (or after one night) peel and cut the onions, chop the peppers into 2cm pieces and assemble the lamb souvlaki alternating lamb, wedges of onion and pieces of pepper.
- Brush the lamb with olive oil and cook over hot grill for about 8-10 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with hot Greek pita bread, tzatziki sauce and fresh Retsina of Attica “Kourtaki” (Greek resinated – with pine resin – wine)
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 1 bunch mint (chopped) 2 kg quality leg of lamb, salt
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbs brown sugar
Method: In a large bowl mix together all ingredients for the sauce ( chopped mint, vinegar, olive oil . brown sugar) Stir to combine.
Score the leg with a knife. With a pastry brush, rub part of the mint mixture all over the leg. Sprinkle all over with salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F . Roast for 1 hour – 1 h &15 min for a mediun rare.
Serve with the mint sauce and a fresh Merlot wine.