MEATBALLS WITH APRICOT DIPPING SAUCE
Great for an appetizer or served with cheese , rice, toasted bread, fry or oven roasted potatoes, these meatballs are served with a sweet apricot, mustard & chilli dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS:
1/2 kg ground beef, 300 gr white bread previously soaked in milk and squeezed dry, 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, 1 egg , salt , pepper
1. Heat oven to 200°C /400°F. Line a pan with parchment paper
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape mixture with your hands into meatballs. Place in pan.
3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE APRICOT SAUCE
1 can (350gr) apricot jam
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet mix all ingredients together
- Cook the mixture for about 1 min on low heat
- Add (previously cooked) meatballs in a single layer and cook 2 minutes.
Serve immediately. This mixture is suitable for dipping kebabs, meat or veggie balls and it also makes a great sauce for burgers. Enjoy!
Roast leg of lamb with mint sauce / Ψητο αρνισιο μπουτακι γαλακτος με γλυκοξινη σαλτσα δυοσμου
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 1 bunch mint (chopped) 2 kg quality leg of lamb, salt
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbs brown sugar
Method: In a large bowl mix together all ingredients for the sauce ( chopped mint, vinegar, olive oil . brown sugar) Stir to combine.
Score the leg with a knife. With a pastry brush, rub part of the mint mixture all over the leg. Sprinkle all over with salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F . Roast for 1 hour – 1 h &15 min for a mediun rare.
Serve with the mint sauce and a fresh Merlot wine.