Great for an appetizer or served with cheese , rice, toasted bread, fry or oven roasted potatoes, these meatballs are served with a sweet apricot, mustard & chilli dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS:
1/2 kg ground beef, 300 gr white bread previously soaked in milk and squeezed dry, 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, 1 egg , salt , pepper
1. Heat oven to 200°C /400°F. Line a pan with parchment paper
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape mixture with your hands into meatballs. Place in pan.
3. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE APRICOT SAUCE
1 can (350gr) apricot jam
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet mix all ingredients together
- Cook the mixture for about 1 min on low heat
- Add (previously cooked) meatballs in a single layer and cook 2 minutes.
Serve immediately. This mixture is suitable for dipping kebabs, meat or veggie balls and it also makes a great sauce for burgers. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 1 bunch mint (chopped) 2 kg quality leg of lamb, salt
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbs brown sugar
Method: In a large bowl mix together all ingredients for the sauce ( chopped mint, vinegar, olive oil . brown sugar) Stir to combine.
Score the leg with a knife. With a pastry brush, rub part of the mint mixture all over the leg. Sprinkle all over with salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F . Roast for 1 hour – 1 h &15 min for a mediun rare.
Serve with the mint sauce and a fresh Merlot wine.
Ingredients: 2 beef muscle fillets 2 inches thick – butter 1 tbs – 4 slices thick-cut bacon -salt – pepper – asparagus – peas – edible flowers of your choice
Method: Preheat the oven to 400 ° F
- Generously salt & pepper both sides of muscle
- Wrap it with a strip of bacon , secure it with a lenght of kitchen string
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium – high heat. Add butter. When melted, add the fillets , now sear for about 2 min per side until you get a nice crust. Then turn fillet on the bacon side and roll it for a minute more.
- Place the skillet directly into the oven. Roast 5-6 minutes each side for medium rare. Adjust cooking time for desired doneness.
- When fillets are done , remove from the oven , cover with alluminium foil and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This tip give to juices time to redistribute evenly throughout the meat.
- Serve with grilled asparagus , grilled peas , edible flowers of your choice and a fresh glass of Brunello di Montalcino (red) wine.